Carry out the operational control of the Qatar - RO Plant to comply with the contractual production and water quality targets.
Optimise requested water quality standards and energy and chemical consumption.
- Operate the Qatar - RO Plant meeting water quality and production requirements from the contract.
- Test and verify the process performance for the Qatar - RO Plant .
- Carry out process troubleshooting.
- Train the operation team in order to respond to plant and process alarms and attempt immediate rectification.
- Ensure water quality records are maintained and corrective action is initiated when required.
- On call duties 24/7 to respond to all plant malfunctions (shared with Operations Manager Assistant.)
- Manage and arrange the shifts and rosters for the process controllers and operator assistants.
- Participate in meetings with the client to discuss plant performance and water production forecasts.
- Establish contracts with chemical suppliers and UF and RO membrane manufacturers.
- Undertake duties associated with being a member of the Management Committee, incl. but not limited to: budget preparation, reviews and approvals; review of company policies and management plans and procedures and participation in Board meetings.
- Ensure that safe systems of work are followed at all times by the Qatar - RO Plant operation team.
- Comply with all WHS statutory requirements, including Duty of Care.
- Comply with the ACCIONA Agua WHS policies, procedures and safe work instructions as applicable.
- Participate in consultation and communication of WHS matters with the Qatar - RO Plant operation team.
- Participate in the development of WHS procedures.
· Degree or equivalent in Chemical Engineering
· Circa 5 years experience in operation of desalination plants
· Familiar with water treatment processes
· Experience in design of membrane processes: ultra-filtration and/or reverse osmosis and DAF treatment
· Strong communication skills in English, incl. reading, writing, listening and speaking. Spanish desirable
· Able to prioritise and work autonomously on tasks
Able to undertake problem solving and troubleshooting skills as part of normal operation duties
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.